Mrs. Zuercher was born and raised in Dublin, Ireland. In 1994 she moved to Cleveland and now lives in Rocky River with her husband and 3 children. She was a stay at home mom until her youngest child started school, at which time she returned to school herself. In 2013 she received a degree in Physical Education from Cleveland State University. Mrs. Zuercher is currently working on her health licensure through Emporia State University. She is also the girls cross country coach for Rocky River High School.
Her passion for physical fitness has allowed her to enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle. Mrs. Zuercher was a competitive gymnast through high school competing at the national level. She is an avid runner who loves to run local races and has also completed the Boston Marathon in 2004 and again in 2011. In her spare time she loves to read, do yoga, bike ride and spend time with her family. Mrs. Zuercher is very excited to be a part of St. Peter School and believes she has the ability to teach students to make a lifetime commitment to wellbeing and fitness.
Physical education teaches students the importance and value of a physically activity lifestyle. There is a variety of benefits gained through physical education. Personal health, social skills, self-esteem, motor skills and knowledge base are areas that can be positively impacted. The philosophy of the physical education academic content standards is to ensure all Ohio students understand and use the acquired knowledge from physical education and apply it to daily life to:
- Develop the ability to make informed and reasoned decisions to live a healthful lifestyle
- Cultivate a true appreciation for the content
- Prepare to be physically active members of a diverse society
- Be equipped with the knowledge and skills to be physically active over the course of the lifespan
- Value physical activity and its contribution to a healthful lifestyle
- Foster joy in movement, an enthusiasm for physical activity and the development of skilled performance
- Pursue a lifetime of healthful physical activity
- Encourage adoption of appropriate behaviors that will lead to healthy, active lifestyles
Email Mrs. Zuercher