Meet Miss Pozega
'I call my students "my kids" because in our year together they aren't just kids on my class list, they become part of my heart."
ST. PETER PRE-KINDERGARTEN
Our pre-kindergarten program promotes the spiritual, emotional, intellectual, physical and social growth of young children. Multi-sensory activities that enhance the total development of the child are planned in a sequential manner that follows the theme or unit.
At St. Peter Pre-Kindergarten we believe the family initially develops the values and attitude whereby a young child knows God, accepts himself/herself, relates to others and responds reverently toward the environment. Therefore, we strive to collaborate with parents to provide a quality Catholic experience for learning, loving and Christian living.
Pre-Kindergarten Goals and Curriculum:
- The curriculum includes standards set by the Cleveland Catholic Diocese for Religion, Math, Social Studies, Science, and Language Arts. Technology, fine motor, and gross motor activities are also incorporated.
- Provide differentiated learning according to each child's ability
- Increase independence
- Improve basic readiness in Reading and Math
- Promote a positive attitude and self-image
- Establish a love of school and learning
- Encourage fairness, respect, kindness, patience, friendship, and awareness of their own behavior
- Establish a belief that God made the world and to be thankful for each gift that God has given us
Pre-Kindergarten Session (2019-20):
Full Day: Mon - Friday: 7:30am - 1:50pm
2019-20 PreKindergarten Registration Packet